Municipal & School Law
Turp Coates represents municipal agencies, including the Borough of Allentown. For Allentown, we:
- Advise the Borough Clerk, the Mayor, the Borough Council.
- Prepare resolutions and ordinances when directed.
- Advise on contract negotiation in relation to specifications for bids in accordance with State statutes and Department of Community Affairs regulations.
- Provide any legal representation that may be needed for litigation that may involve the Borough of Allentown, including both filing complaints as a plaintiff for the Borough and also defending the Borough if any litigation occurs.
- Act as prosecutor representing the Borough of Allentown and the State of New Jersey in relation to various traffic offenses, domestic violence cases, and ordinance violations, including prosecution of speeding and DWI cases.
- Are available to various officials of the Borough in order to answer legal questions that may arise.
Turp Coates has a long history of representing the East Windsor Regional School District as well as coalitions of school districts and advising them on the application of statutes and administrative code. We have provided counsel on:
- The conduct of discipline hearings
- The conduct of public meetings
- Application of the Open Public Meetings Act
- Negotiation of school related contracts
- School litigation
How can we help your organization?
We’re required to secure multiple bids on repair work. Turp Coates helped us sort through our options.
by Sally M.